Student Hot Spot: MooYah

Student Hot Spot: MooYah

Annalee Tacuri, Student Life Editor

Going off campus for lunch during their off periods, OHS students have a variety of food chains to choose from. Food options that are walking distance from the high school include China Ossining, Lucy’s Pizza, the “ Stationary”, Del Sol Sweet Bakery, and the Dominican restaurant.Students who can drive around during their free periods have a wider range of options such as the Arcadian Recently, Mooyah, a new hamburger restaurant, has joined the food competition in Ossining.

Technically, Mooyah is located in the Chilmark Shopping Center in Briarcliff Manor. Considering the restaurant is a little over a mile away from the high school, OHS students have stormed in and crowded the new restaurant for the past 2 weeks. The inside of the grill lets costumers see their food being cooked through a small glass wall, and sacks of potatoes are spread around the grill. The enormous “Moodle Doodle” chalkboard is another attraction that is admired by locals. Who doesn’t like seeing their name written on a board for other to see?

Let talk about the food. The Mooyah style burger is enough to bring you back to the grill day after day if you can. The burger includes flavorful beef, American cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, grilled onions, and lastly the Mooyah sauce. The Mooyah sauce’s ingredient remains a mystery, but the sauce definitely finishes off the burger. If that description doesn’t convvince you enough, you can “build” your own burger from the buns to extra toppings. Vegetarian? Don’t worry, Mooyah has a black bean veggie burger for you! The fries are made from fresh burgers and automatically excite your taste buds once take a bite.  Finally, the Mooyah Staff  is very friendly and truly pay attention to very little possible detail.

The only downside of Mooyah is the pricing is a bit more expensive then other food chains’ pricing. However, I have seen students come rushing to class with a big Mooyah bag and moan with pleasure as they eat the remainder of their order. The first week of Mooyah’s grand opening had all of Ossining packed inside. Be the judge, and see if the burgers and shakes are worth the price. Clearly, almost all of OHS students believe it is worth it.