The student newspaper of Ossining High School

The Current

The Current

The Current

5 Scary Movies Worth Watching Before Fall Ends

Halloween may be past us, but there is still time to get in the spooky spirit with some scary movies! You’re in for a fright while watching these bone chilling films!
Jeremy Yap, Uplash

1. The Exorcist: Believer (2023)

The Exorcist has returned. Join Angela and her friend Katherine as they struggle with demonic possession. These two girls are fighting for their souls, but only one may emerge alive. If you’re in need of a good jump scare, this movie has plenty. Prepare to be tossing popcorn and candy up in the air all night.  

2. No One Will Save You (2023)

In this silent sci-fi thriller, Brynn Adams is estranged from her community, living in the countryside. One night, weird noises spook her and upon further investigation she sees a shadowy figure, which she then realizes is an Alien. Paranoid and alone, Brynn must attempt to avoid abduction. The silent acting and close attention to detail is captivating and you won’t be able to look away. Watch if you dare, but remember: the quieter the deadlier. 

3. Smile (2022)

After witnessing the gruesome suicide of a patient, who was convinced that she was being haunted by some sort of  “thing” that took the form of different people with terrifying smiles on their faces, Dr. Cotter is shaken. Soon, she starts seeing the “thing” too, smiling around every corner and quickly destroying her life. Dr. Cotter realizes that if she wants to avoid the same fate as her patient, she must confront her dark past. This psychological thriller will leave you hiding under blankets. 

4. Halloween Kills (2021)

Michael Myers, the infamous killer makes his comeback. Laurie Strode is unable to contain him and ends up injured in a hospital. Here, she is reunited with Tommy Doyle, who she used to babysit back when Michael first began haunting her. This is a nail biting horror movie that is sure to leave you with goosebumps. If you’re up for it, you can even watch the sequel, Halloween Ends, which was released in 2022.  

5. The Conjuring (2013)

After moving into a farmhouse the Perron family begins to have terrifying supernatural encounters. These encounters become increasingly aggressive, making their once peaceful home feel like a haunted house. Join Ed and Lorraine Warren, paranormal investigators and demonologists, as they help save this family before it’s too late. If you need a good scare, I can assure you this movie will leave you jumping at every shadow you see.