Artist of the Month: Allison “Allie” Robins

Lior Raz-Farley, Entertainment Editor

To close off a year of successful art and performances, it’s necessary to acknowledge the graduating seniors who contributed to such an amazing year. Allison “Allie” Robins, is one student who has dedicated her life to music, as she is a well-known member of Gimme the Mic, Drama club as long as many private studies.  These include SUNY Piano 1, SUNY Music Theory, and song-writing.

What began as a simple desire to write one song in 6th grade extended to a prominent hobby, with songs such as “Broken” and “Washed Away” and seven copyrighted songs. By tying her high school life to her songwriting, Allie finds inspiration in her feelings from problems with her friends to the simple things that she observes. However, school naturally interfered with her song-writing, but her passion prevails. “Music is pretty much the most important thing in my life,” she said in an interview after which she stated that she will be majoring in music business at SUNY Fredonia. Interestingly enough, this decision was only made two weeks prior to the interview, in early April, after she weighed music over childhood education most preferably in the University of Rhode Island.

Since Allie was five years old, she knew she loved to sing when she put shows on for her parents and even performed in “Claremont Idol” despite her shy nature. By the same time she became a serious songwriter, she began to sing more professionally. She improved her singing skills by taking lessons outside of the school. This year, after the many performances she had, her legs stopped shaking and she became more comfortable, which although it’s a private achievement, defines her increasing professionalism.

Her hobbies also included piano lessons and guitar lessons for one year which she admits that she regrets stopping so perhaps, with more time, she can resume it again. Currently, her piano talents are used to accompany her singing in various concerts but she continues to strengthen her skills. From 3rd- 9th grade she also played violin in the school orchestra.

Although Allie is most recently known as “Elaine Friend” in Loserville, she has dedicatedly participated in plays dating back to the middle school in The Seussical Jr., Honk Jr, The Crucible, Aida, A Midsummers Night’s Dream, Rent, Villian in Almost Maine, and Kate in Legally Blonde. Throughout the years, she’s established strong friendships in the drama club and also supported her passion for music and singing.

As she is leaving high school and finding her place in music, Allie plans to establish herself as a credible musician and performer. There may even be a new YouTube channel coming soon for her, as she teased in the interview. However, she will continue to incorporate music into her life, whether in practices or the performances she is so well-known for.  “Although I may not know exactly where I’ll end up in my future,” she said. “I know music will be a part of my life forever.”