The student newspaper of Ossining High School

The Current

The Current

The Current

A Very Hollywood Halloween

blog.zap2it.com
blog.zap2it.com

Halloween is always a fun holiday because we all get to dress up in costumes and pretend to be someone else for a night. Well, believe it or not, celebrities get to have fun too! And get this: they also dress up as celebrities. Heidi Klum’s annual Halloween party is always the buzz in Hollywood around this time of year, but that is not the only place that you can find celebrities in their Halloween costumes.

Most people know the talk show host Ellen DeGeneres for her humor. So of course, Hollywood’s funny woman went all out this year when she dressed up as female pop star Nikki Minaj on her show. But the laughs didn’t stop at Ellen’s long, blonde wig. This seems especially true when we look at photos of Perez Hilton, who dressed up as Miley Cyrus. Miley seemed to be a popular costume choice this year, since talk show host Kelly Ripa also dressed as the controversial pop diva. However, Ripa may have taken the cake for the best Miley costume, since she had Michael Strahan at her side, dressed as Robin Thicke in an attempt to portray Miley’s scandalous performance at the VMAs. The Thompson Family, stars of the TLC reality show Here Comes Honey Boo Boosurely, dressed up as the Kardashian family. Though this isn’t the most original costume idea, their execution was flawless. Additionally, Matt Lauer from The Today Show showed off his beach-ready bod when he dressed as Pamela Anderson in Baywatch costume.

Despite all the great costumes in Hollywood this year, the most shocking costume idea was Heidi Klum’s. Why do we say this? When she walked into her own party, no one had any idea she was there. No, she didn’t wear an invisibility suit. She dressed up as an old lady. The costume was so well done that the former Victoria Secret model was unrecognizable. From the cane she carried down to her wrinkled skin, Heidi Klum made sure that no detail was unaccounted for. It’s safe to say that she looked more like a 90-year-old woman, than most 90-year-old women in Hollywood look themselves.

It’s always fun seeing celebrities’ creative sides through their Halloween costumes. Whether they are funny or dramatic, celebrity costumes never seem to disappoint.

www.cbsnews.com