Athlete of the Month: Conrad Hoyt

Tyler Conzone, Sports Editor

As the fall sports season continues at Ossining High School, many teams look to their senior athletes for guidance, support, and leadership as they work together to succeed in their respective sports. One outstanding senior athlete this year is Conrad Hoyt, who both captains and plays as a center defenseman on the school’s Varsity Boys soccer team.

The boys soccer team currently has a record score of 2-3 and is fighting to keep their chances of the league and the section alive as they continue to play teams of high quality in the area. However, they have been very consistent as a team and have shown that they are more than capable of competing with these teams.

The Current recently had the opportunity to sit down with Conrad Hoyt, a seasoned veteran playing his fourth year for the Ossining Boys soccer program and his second year on Varsity, to ask him about the team and their expectations for the season.

TC: How is your season so far and how do you expect the season to go?

CH: “We are doing pretty well so far, but no where near as well as we could be doing. We want to push this team to be the best we can be; we have a lot of talent and a lot of potential with this team. But, we need to be smarter about our style of play and we need to play with more heart if we want to go far this year.”

TC: What do you think the boys soccer team needs to accomplish in order to succeed this year?

CH: “We need to stay mentally strong, and play with a tremendous amount of heart.”

TC: What can you do as a captain to get your team farther than you did last season? What are your overall team goals?

CH: “I need to keep my guys in check and make sure that they do not lose focus on what we want to gain: we want to win our league and make it far into sectionals this year.”

TC: And what do you want to gain from this season, as it is your last playing soccer at Ossining High School?

CH: “This year I want to get All-Section, but of course the team and our season is much more important to me.”

The boys on the Varsity soccer team are ready to stake their claim and achieve more than they have ever before — and with the determination of their players, captains, and coaches — they definitely can succeed this year.