The student newspaper of Ossining High School

The Current

The Current

The Current

Paul Walker’s Death

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.findagrave.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Ffg.cgi%3Fpage%3Dgr%26GRid%3D121014953
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=121014953

Many of you know and love the film series Fast and Furious, and the star of the movie, actor Paul Walker. Sadly, and ironically, Paul Walker passed away in a single car accident and explosion in Santa Claira, California on November 30th, at age 40. He was in the area for a charity event that he was supporting, and was driving around that day in a Porsche with Roger Rodas, 38, who was behind the wheel, and who also passed. Witnesses say that the car hit a pole and some trees, and then exploded almost immediately after. The exact cause of the crash has not yet been determined, but speed is definitely a factor, said Santa Claira police officers.

Paul Walker was in the middle of shooting Fast and Furious 7, when the crash occurred off set. More than halfway through shooting, the film producers weren’t sure what to do with Walker’s character. As a tribute to him, they asked his younger look alike brother, Cody Walker, who has previously worked as a movie stuntman, to film the last couple of scenes in his brother’s place. From a distance, Cody would look enough like Paul. In close up shots, producers could CGI Paul’s face onto Cody’s body. The details are still being worked out and discussed, but if Cody accepts the position it will be to honor his brother.

The memorial service for Paul Walker was held on the weekend of December 13th. It was a private service done at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Hollywood Hills, California. Many people have been laying flowers at the sight of the accident, and countless celebrities have spoken about how upset they are over his death. He leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter, Meadow, who said she is touched by all of the people that have taken action in remembering her father.