Post Malone’s Newest Album-Hollywood’s Bleeding

Post Malone’s rise to fame and the release of his newest album, Hollywood’s Bleeding

Cruz Vernon, Staff Writer

Austin Richard Post, more commonly known as Post Malone, is an extremely talented American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer. He was born in our state of New York in 1995 and was introduced to various genres of music by his father, Rich Post. At the age of 9, he and his family moved to Grapevine, Texas after his father secured a job as the concessions manager for the Dallas Cowboys. Growing up in Texas, he learned to play the guitar and was always a sucker for emo music. Post later joined a heavy metal band, which, according to him, was his first time experimenting in professional music. From heavy metal, he slowly transitioned to softer rock and hip hop before creating his mixtape at the age of 16. After showing a few of his classmates, Post Malone was voted Most Likely to Become Famous during his senior year of high school. With his versatile voice and talent in music, this small artist would later rise to a level of fame that he could never even imagine.

Post Malone originally intended on attending Tarrant County College, but soon dropped and moved to Los Angeles in pursuit of his dream. In LA, he found a group of other artists that he could record music together. These individuals provided him with to other individuals who later ended up producing several of his tracks, including “White Iverson, released in 2015. “White Iverson” was the song that essentially jump-started his career. He posted the track on SoundCloud and released a music video which received over one million views and was noticed by notable figures in the music industry such as Mac Miller and Wiz Khalifa.

Post Malone released many singles, albums, and collaborations prior to the release of his newest album; all of which caused him to continuously gain popularity. His album “Stoney,” released in 2016 went platinum in 2017. The album released after that one, named “Beerbongs and Bentleys,” was certified triple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. 

And this now leads us to the release of his new album, Hollywood’s Bleeding. This album, released on September 6, 2019, is already a hit. Although it was only his third studio album released, this album features guest appearances from well-known artists such as DaBaby, Future, Halsey, Meek Mill, Lil Baby, Travis Scott, SZA, and more. There are 17 songs in this album, all with the charm of Post Malone in his ability to deliver important points and hook listeners. Overall, his new album is liked by roughly 97% of listeners, according to Google. Additionally, the album has been comfortable sitting in the #1 spot of the Rolling Loud 200, a chart that tracks the most popular releases of the week in the United States. Therefore, Post Malone’s album is liked by almost all who listen to it.