2016 Gimme the Mic Senior Showcase

Photography by Calvin Brewster

Diana Kennedy, Student Life Editor

The final Gimme the Mic auditorium concert for the class of 2016 was bittersweet, the end of an era. The talent filled night was filled with tears of joy from the emotionally charged audience. The two hour long event was orchestrated by the amazing Ms. Kafer and Mr. Morrison, who was the sound technician for the show. The concert really captured the essence of the hard work that the students had put into it, and in the end, did not disappoint.

The concert exhibited a variety of songs that ranged from classic rock to pop to original pieces. Particular performances that stood out were those given by Justin Ciuzio and Hunter Ridgeway, accompanied by his younger sister Rayne, because of their raw emotion and sincerity. Other notable performances were those by Will Gillman, whose on stage antics left the crowd energized, and a very well orchestrated performance by Kevin Grigera who even managed to incorporate a saxophone into his song. The hard work of all the artists that night does not at all go unrecognized. The heartfelt concert was concluded by Suzanna Scorcia singing When We were Young by Adele, which was, in my opinion, a perfect song choice to end the concert, a great way of saying goodbye to performers who had been in the program for the better part of three years.

The success of the concert really was spectacular, a sentiment shared by all those who witnessed and participated in the musical event. This feeling is more simply summed by the words of Ms. Kafer , “It was really one for the books.”