Athlete of the Month: Andrew Snyder

Andrew is one of the most  talented swimmers in OHS history.

Andrew is one of the most talented swimmers in OHS’ history.

Malahni Banta, Staff Writer

Since the ripe old age of six, senior Andrew Snyder has shown a love for competitive swimming. Devoting every day of the week not only to swim training, but also to his school work and his musical skills. He is a member of the Youth Wind Ensemble of Westchester, as well as the Area All-State Orchestra of Westchester. Andrew agreed to share with us some of his favorite things about swimming, as well as what he’ll miss and what he’ll look forward to in the future.

TC: What do you love about swimming?

AS: I also enjoy sharing the sport that I am so passionate about with people who may not have ever experienced swimming before.

TC: How is this season going so far? Any highlights?

AS: The season just started, but I’m glad to see a lot of people on the team. In past years, we have had a small number of people on the team, but this year there were many more new members, and Coach Baker had to make cuts for the first time in Ossining Swimming History- that I know of.

TC: What will you miss about swimming for Ossining High School?

AS: I will miss competing with the boys I go to school with. Most of them know what I’m like in school, but competing with them shows them a side to me they might not have known.

TC: Any thoughts or hopes for your future in swimming, considering you’ll be in college next year?

AS: I’m very excited to swim for Towson University next year! It will be a great way to improve my abilities and to become more competitive.

TC: Speaking of college, have you decided on a major?

AS: I would love to pursue a study relating to Kinesiology, or exercise science.

The Current wishes Andrew the best in his future academic and sporting endeavors!