Ossining Semi Formal 2016

Photography by Mr. Quiroga

Photography by Mr. Quiroga

Darwin Arias, Features Editor

On Thursday April 14th, 2016, Ossining High School’s Class of 2017 celebrated all night long at this year’s Semi-Formal, which is  held for Juniors annually. This remarkable event is one of the few high school memories that students take with them after they graduate, with the exception of Prom, of course.

The hours of preparation and searching for the perfect thing to wear were shown through how dazzling and elegant those who attended looked on Thursday night. Students gathered at many places to get ready with their friends and take pictures before boarding their buses to Sinapi’s Ceola Manor, where the Junior Semi-Formal was taking place.  Over 150 students attended the event, making it big and in need of a great deal of teachers to chaperone the event. The goal of the night to stay safe and sober was accomplished as students enjoyed their night at the reservation.

This year’s Semi-Formal made sure that all students that attended had fun and remembered their night. A photo booth was a great addition to the event, as students were able to take comedic pictures with their friends with the inclusion of props. The  elegance of the venue was seen through the decorations set up, which had a white-colored theme. Candles, a flower centerpiece, and the amazing view of the beautiful Lake Osceola gave flavor and a feeling of luxury, complimenting the white-colored table cloths and napkins. Raffle prizes were given out as well; every student had the opportunity to win gift cards donated by popular businesses around Ossining. Lettuce and tomato salad, pasta, eggplant, chicken parmesan, boiled potatoes, vegetables, and beef with pepper all made for a tasty and delicious dinner for the evening. Waiters served the tables with joy as they interacted with the students, taking pictures with them as well. Refreshments were served, including coca-cola, ice cold water, and different flavored ice, which caught the students’ attention. Students danced the night away, going straight to the dance floor after dinner. The outstanding DJ made sure the students had fun by playing a variety of songs, including the Cupid Shuffle, trap music, and Spanish music, which certainly got everyone moving. Although a little shy at first, students at the end of the night danced with their friends jumping and singing their hearts out to their favorite songs. We can certainly say this year’s Semi-Formal for the Class of 2017 was a success, as all students got back to the high school safe and with a memorable, remarkable, and lit night.

If you want to see more pictures from this year’s semi formal follow this link http://oufsd.smugmug.com/